Mission, Vision, and Values
Hope Academy of West Michigan is a safe place for students to grow and achieve academic success.
In order to realize our mission, the Hope team commits to:
Student- focused actions
- Partnering with families and the community to support student learning
- Preparing our students for career and college opportunities
- Helping each student to reach his or her full potential by embracing the whole individual
- Developing positive relationships that support a productive school culture
- Educating students by engaging them in relevant learning opportunities
- Emphasizing character development for all of our students
- Using multiple data sources to form individualized learning plans for each student and ensuring innovative teaching and learning practices to assure academic excellence for all students
Staff- focused actions
- Leading, developing, and retaining its educators
- High levels of mutual accountability
- Providing a safe haven in the community for its students and their families
- Facilitating communication between the community, board, educational staff, students and families
- Respecting and celebrating diversity
Above all else, we, the staff at Hope Academy of West Michigan, are committed to these value and principles regardless of the situation we are in or the challenges we face. This is our pledge to our students, their families, and to each other.
Because we believe in Integrity we will:
- Speak truth to others and expect them to do the same with us.
- Strive to do the right things for the right reason.
Because we believe in Perseverance we will:
- Not be limited by our challenges, our past or our experiences.
- Approach all problems with a positive and “can do” attitude.
Because we believe in Honesty we will:
- Trust each other to do the right thing for the right reasons.
- Be open to giving and receiving feedback.
- Presume positive intent and ask clarifying questions.
- Not make hasty judgments without the facts.
Because we believe in Inclusion we will:
- Celebrate our diversity and provide culturally sensitive teaching.
- Partner with students, families, and community members to support all students.
- Intentionally connect with all stakeholders to instill a sense of belonging, especially those on the fringe or outskirts.
- Invest in the growth and development of students, parents, and staff members.
Because we believe in Respect we will:
- Be tough on the issue and not on the person.
- Honor and value all members of the community.
- Listen to understand.
- Demand direct, timely, and respectful communication at all levels.
Because we believe in Growth Mindset we will:
- Inspire growth in ourselves and others.
- Be willing to take risks in order to improve outcomes.
- Adopt a "Not Yet" attitude and model learning from our mistakes.
- Teach and promote growth mindsets and require students to monitor their own progress.
Collaboration & Teamwork
Because we believe in Collaboration & Teamwork we will:
- Recognize that no one of us is as good as all of us.
- Put the team’s goal(s) before our own.
- Be relied upon to fulfill our commitments and responsibilities.
- Celebrate our successes and bring joy to our work.
Because we believe in Excellence we will:
- Strive to exceed expectations.
- Provide intentional quality instruction every day.
- Have the courage to hold each other accountable and grow together every day.
- Own our collective responsibility in the growth of all students.